Youth Program Coordinator
LOWELL ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND (LOWELL ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND)
from darkness into light
· Plan and coordinate events, field trips and workshops for all youth programs. Programs currently include:
o Youth Program - Social/Recreational ages 5-13 (meet 2x a month)
o Senior Youth Program – Social Recreational, Ages 14-21 (meet once a month)
o Senior Teen Employment Program (STEP) – Employment readiness, ages 14-21 (meet 2x a month)
o Visually Impaired Partners (VIP) Program – Mentoring with blind and visually impaired adults and youth, ages 14-21 (meet once a month)
· Develop all relevant materials, curriculum and activities for youth programs.
· Recruit appropriate participants for specific programs. Work with staff from Massachusetts Commission for the Blind and local schools to coordinate referrals.
· Identify new opportunities to link with other agencies in the Greater Lowell area.
· Establish and maintain relationships with local employers to facilitate employment and internship placements for STEP program participants.
· Schedule and provide transportation for participants using the agency van.
· Drive agency van and work program events as necessary.
· Supervise and schedule volunteers and staff.
· Maintain appropriate attendance, documentation and billing as required.
· Be a positive role model for all program participants.
· Create program materials and informational publications.
- Degree in related field preferred, equivalent experience considered.
- Experience working with youth and teens preferred; experience working with blind and visually impaired youth a plus, but not required.
· Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and most weekends.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must be highly motivated, possess strong organizational skills, want to have fun, be able to be patient and have appropriate boundaries.
· MS Office and web competency required.
· Competency in use of Zoom meetings required.
· Must be able to pass a CORI background check.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus
This position reports to the Executive Director.