Sustainability and ESG Investment Analyst
Work for Progress
Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
Founded and owned by a group of nonprofit organizations with a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to change, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing for 30 years, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact. Green Century’s nonprofit owners and partners include PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact:
Invest in sustainable companies: Green Century avoids the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world and invests in companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance criteria.
Lead an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
Support environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Investment Fund Analyst
Green Century is expanding and seeking a Fund Analyst to assist with investment oversight of the Green Century Funds, aid with development of new products, and support overall financial growth. Representative responsibilities include investment analysis, research, and recommendations to support investment decisions. This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager and work with the operations team and President. This position requires exercising discretion and independent judgment in making decisions in matters of significance.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
Ongoing Portfolio Management
- Understand how our exclusionary screens and ESG rating are applied in the Green Century Funds
- Assist in interactions and analysis of subadvisors performance
- Conduct analysis of manager performance
- Contribute to the preparation of materials to President and Green Century Funds Board of Trustees
- Help improve internal processes and systems to further enhance the performance of the Green Century Funds
Development of New Investment Products
- Solicit and review RFP’s from potential subadvisors
- Perform detailed research on investment managers
Ongoing Monitoring of ESG, Responsible Investing and Broader Field
- Conduct and prepare reports on developments in the sustainable investing and broader investment field
- Collect industry research to inform decision making
Candidates for this position should have at least 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in fields such as investment analysis and strategy, portfolio construction and portfolio implementation. This could include (but is not limited to):
- Experience with financial markets, investment portfolio strategy, and mutual funds
- ESG and sustainability approaches and strategy analysis
- Ability to analyze and understand portfolio investment selection and positioning
- Ability to analyze market opportunities and support improvement of oversight of the portfolio process
- Experience researching and evaluating various industry valuation sources including fixed income, equity and international securities
- Ability to identify, collect, organize, and synthesize information from a variety of sources including an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong math, analytical and financial accounting skills
- A passion for the mission of Green Century and nonprofit sector
We welcome candidates who are pursuing a CFA designation.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Location: Boston, MA
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume https://www.workforprogress.org/apply-now/?id=417. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.