Rise Above Foundation
Providing Massachusetts youth in foster care with activities, experiences, and opportunities
Position Details: The Smiles Coordinator will manage youth activity requests and support the organization’s small team with additional special events for youth. This is a 30 hours per week position.
- Manage Rise Above’s youth activity request process, by screening and reviewing applications received and ensuring awards are made in a timely fashion
- Support the successful execution of special youth-centered events
- Support outreach efforts to the community, targeting key audiences that include social workers, foster parents and youth
- Assist the team with other tasks as assigned
You are a good fit for the position if many of the following are true about you:
- Familiarity with the child welfare system through lived and/or professional experience; Former foster youth and those with experience as a foster parent are encouraged to apply
- 3 years+ of experience with project and relationship management
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Strong customer service and excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and work independently
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (programming is currently in English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word as well as Google Workspace
- Motivated and interested in supporting a growing, entrepreneurial organization
- Work or volunteer experience with a nonprofit organization
Must have satisfactory MA State CORI background check. This opportunity includes some in-state travel to community and youth events: a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required (mileage is reimbursed). The Smiles Coordinator is a primarily remote position.
Compensation: $23/hour. Flexible scheduling, 403(B) retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
Send cover letter and resume, or direct questions, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.