Registered Nurse (RN) - AFC - Spanish Speaking
The RN at the Adult Family Care Program assists Caregivers in all aspects of medical health concerns pertaining to the Member, including advocating with physicians and other health care providers. The RN provides case management, medical teaching and training to Caregivers and Members.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Ensure that the program meets and complies with all applicable Adult Foster Care Medicaid regulations; oversee compliance of Caregivers with mandated trainings. Oversee program’s medication management policy and procedures.
- Completion of all nursing assessments and coordinating all other applicable clinical assessments that are required in the intake and admission process for AFC Services.
- Participate in recruitment, selection and evaluation of Caregivers. Interview Caregivers and facilitate the matching and transition of Members into homes.
- Develop positive relationships with Members, Caregivers and monitor, assess and supervise placements in conjunction with the social worker/Case Manager.
- Liaise with other agencies involved in providing services to the Members we support, such as day programs.
- Maintain accurate medical records, documentation and reviews, to include the physician summary, daily log, vital signs when appropriate, medication sheet, monthly nursing notes, and health records.
- Develop, complete and maintain Member’s semi-annual health status report, Plan of Care, and annual assessment tools as designated by MassHealth.
- Train and supervise participating Caregivers on all aspects of their responsibilities, including the Member’s medical and personal care needs, as well as their overall health status. Conduct an orientation for each AFC Caregiver before the AFC Caregiver begins personal care; and provide ongoing training to AFC Caregivers on health and aging.
- Assist Caregivers in all aspects of medical health concerns pertaining to the Member including advocating with physicians and other health care providers.
- Monitor the Member’s health status on an ongoing basis through contact with the Caregiver and home visits with each Member at the qualified setting bimonthly (alternating with the bimonthly visit by the care manager) for Level I, and monthly or more often as the Member’s condition warrants for Level II.
- Complete a nursing progress note corresponding with each on-site visit or encounter, or more often as the Member’s condition warrants.
- Oversee grievance policy for Caregivers and Members.
- Plan and implement discharges from the Adult Family Care Program.
- Support the development and growth of all Members served in the program.
- Provide crisis intervention and 24-hour on-call responsibility.
- Must hold current license in Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. Two years of experience with direct care of the elderly or disabled adults.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus!
- Must have strong communication skills with Members, Caregivers, funding sources, consultants, the community at large, and the program and administrative staff.
- Strong computer skills.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.