Program Impact Senior Associate
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Program Impact Senior Associate will support the Director of Research and Evaluation, as well as the broader organization, in data collection and analysis to identify and maximize the impact of our programming on clients. This role will support reporting for YW Boston’s Programs team, which includes InclusionBoston (Race Dialogues, Gender Dialogues, and Workshops), Leadership Services (LeadBoston and UncoverBoston), and the F.Y.R.E. team’s data. As part of this, the Program Impact Senior Associate will work with the Director of Research and Evaluation to collect and report data for diverse audiences and support maintenance of YW Boston’s databases. YW Boston currently uses Salesforce, Microsoft 365 (including Sharepoint, Teams, and Excel), and Tableau for this work.
This Senior Associate position will report to the Director of Research and Evaluation.
The successful Program Impact Senior Associate will achieve the following outcomes:
- Ensure consistent and accurate collection of data by different program teams.
- Clean quantitative data (as needed) and pull descriptive statistics to support program teams and clients.
- Code qualitative data responses for key themes and learnings for facilitators and clients.
- Create clear, useful, and regular reports for departments, clients, and other internal and external audiences (such as the YW Boston board or funders) in collaboration with the Director of Research and Evaluation.
- Collect, clean, manage, and analyze quantitative data sets from multiple sources (e.g. surveys, Salesforce, excel)
- Create reports of program data
- Support the creation of clear and useful reports for departments, clients, and other internal and external audiences (such as the board or funders)
- Support program team data collection
- Manage the set-up, documentation and maintenance of qualitative codebooks
- Audit Salesforce and other data regularly to ensure data is clean, accurate and that staff are following procedures for data entry and management
- Review and process incomplete surveys
Communication & Collaboration
- Collaborate with YW Boston Programs teams to support any reporting and analysis needs
- Support impact data collection and reporting efforts across team and across the organization
- Support collection of demographic data (and other measures) for programs
- Identify opportunities for using insight and data more effectively to improve our program impact.
- Protect a secure and accurate database by supporting policies, procedures, and controls
- Support database performance by troubleshooting problems
- Support documentation of data processes and changes in collection or practices
- Contribute to cross-organizational projects as relevant
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Program Impact Senior Associate must have a growing but solid base of technical and communication skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, collaborative, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas along with the interest in stepping into leadership roles when appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data (ideally both quantitative and qualitative). Relevant coursework and certifications may count towards this experience
- Experience communicating (both orally and written) data processes and findings with diverse audiences, including those with little/no experience with data analysis
- A workstyle that is organized, innovative, detail, and results oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission
- Experience with project management, evaluation, and/or program assessment
- Experience and/or interest in intersectional data collection and analysis
- Comfort with quantitative data and analysis, particularly descriptive statistics, pivot tables, t-tests, etc.
- Interest in mixed methods data collection and storytelling with purpose
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, and can-do attitude
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of Research and Evaluation, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston’s Engagement efforts through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts as needed
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of Research and Evaluation and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $54,500-$60,500. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment visa sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a one-page cover letter and a resume detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. Please place the subject title "Program Impact Senior Associate” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. We encourage applications to be submitted by December 31st but we will continue to accept on a rolling basis until the position is filled.