Empowering youth to choose kindness.
ThinkGive is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire young people to use kindness and empathy to engage with their world. Our research-based social and emotional learning (SEL) program empowers youth in grades K/1 and 4-8 to consider other perspectives, build meaningful connections with a wide range of people, and cultivate the belief that they can positively impact their own lives and the lives of others. Since our founding in 2013, we have engaged 9,000+ youth in over 600 classrooms – and we have ambitious goals not only around growth, but around engaging under-resourced youth.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working as part of the Program Team, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for helping manage programs and developing curriculum and other program-related content to promote growth and ensure program impact. Ideally the candidate is organized, excels at communication, and can work both independently and collaboratively with a small team.
Facilitate the ThinkGive program in schools/organizations.
- Preparation: This includes program online setup, scheduling, and teacher training.
- Monitoring: Provide support to educators throughout the program. Gather feedback on curriculum and any issues that arise for program improvement.
- Follow-up: Gather and analyze student and teacher feedback, and provide a program evaluation summary for teachers.
- Update the Program Team and Board on programs (current and upcoming).
- Keep spreadsheets and CRM database updated.
- Nurture and develop relationships with active educators to ensure program retention and to forge new opportunities.
- Assist with curriculum and content development.
- Work with marketing on relevant projects and program publicity.
- Assist with website content.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-starter, with good time-management and organizational skills
- Comfortable with technology – Google docs and spreadsheets, CRM database
- Ability to function both independently and as an active team member
- Interest in education, primarily social and emotional learning
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field
TERMS: Part-time employee (15-20 hours per week to start). Compensation is commensurate with experience. ThinkGive is an equal opportunity employer.