Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners In Education)
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (BPiE) enhances academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school (BPS) students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. BPiE recruits, trains, places, and supports volunteers to work with students in grades K-12, one-on-one or small groups, primarily during the school day, although more recently in after school as well. BPiE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Partnerships Manager with a specific focus area of growing our Independent Learning Support (ILS) program will ensure quality matches by recruiting, interviewing, matching, and providing support for volunteers in their assigned mentoring relationships with students. They will also support the nomination, matching, and volunteer mentor engagement to the principals, teachers, school staff, and BPS families in their portfolio for in-person or online programming. This position requires independence and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen, and match academic mentors
- Recruit, present to, and provide volunteer mentor/student matches for teachers and other relevant school personnel
- Provide support to schools, mentors, teachers, families, and students after the match
- Build on and deepen existing community relationships and mentors to increase retention
- Support annual volunteer fundraising drive and yearly fundraising Gala
- Participate in program and organization-wide team meetings and events
- Represent BPiE at critical partnership, school, and recruitment events (occasional evening and weekend hours)
- Support with the development and leading of ILS training
- Management of part-time staff, such as Site Coordinators, Interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide support to the Senior Partnerships Manager around the annual creation and implementation of plans for the ILS program with additional support from the Program Director
- Recruit, present to, and provide matches for parents and guardians at the schools in your portfolio
- Actively participate in the BPS community events/meetings/fairs to expand our family outreach.
- Expand upon existing ILS systems, such as nomination form and match support process, to better engage students and families
- Work with other departments on marketing materials and resources, specifically resources and materials for teachers, families, volunteers, and students.
- Collaborate with staff to improve the collection, tabulation, analysis, and reporting of student and volunteer outcome data
- Work as a team to create mass email communications using YAMM
- Create and implement technical support procedures for students, mentors, and proctors
- Use Salesforce.com proficiently for match support and reporting
- Assist in ongoing efforts to use evaluation results to improve program effectiveness
- Bi/Multilingual preferred
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Gmail & Excel
- Familiarity with databases, particularly with Salesforce, is a plus
- Highly organized, strong attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively with empathy
- Capable of meeting concurrent deadlines
- Multitasking to address multiple interests and demands
- Ability to share internal information with external audiences and stakeholders
- Understanding of Boston neighborhoods and willingness to travel to them
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, public speaking, and verbal skills
- Experience working in/with urban schools
- A strong belief in added value to the BPS classrooms, schools, and district through representation, culture, and diversity
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
- Commitment to equitable public education
How To Apply:
To apply, please submit both your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Partnerships Manager” as the subject line.
Boston Partners in Education is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve and partner with a diverse population of schools, students, and staff and are dedicated to non-discrimination. Our policy is to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or expression, or veteran status. We are interested in building high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
Following applicable law, Boston Partners in Education requires current and future employees, whether full-time or part-time, to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.