Marketing and Communications Manager Position
Supportive Living Inc
About Supportive Living, Inc.
Since its founding in 1991, Supportive Living, Inc. (SLI) has been a leader in improving the quality of life for people affected by brain injury and other neurological disorders. The organization has delivered neurorehabilitation programs to hundreds of individuals through its interdisciplinary model, which includes:
● Spearheading innovative initiatives and delivering multi-faceted neurorehabilitation and wellness programs with demonstrative results in physical, cognitive, and social functioning.
● Partnering with more than 60 colleges and universities to provide interns with experiential learning opportunities – training the next generation of healthcare providers with expertise in advancing the quality of life for those with neurological conditions.
● Collaborating with academic institutions on research and championing evidence-based best practices for caring for individuals in the chronic stage of brain injury and other neurological conditions.
● Providing affordable and appropriate housing, enabling residents to lead lives of independence and dignity in a supportive, welcoming community.
SLI delivers its services at its residential centers in Lexington, North Reading, Woburn, and Rockport, Massachusetts, and wellness partner sites in Andover, Beverly, Gloucester, and Marblehead.
SLI is at a pivotal point in its evolution. Given the success of its neuro-wellness programs and the high demand for services in the chronic phase of living with a neurological condition, SLI will be expanding its neuro-wellness programs with a goal of becoming a leader in neuro-wellness in Eastern Massachusetts. To support the realization of this vision, SLI is actively recruiting a Marketing and Communications Manager.
About the Marketing Manager Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans that promote SLI’s brand, mission, and programs to external audiences that are central to SLI’s mission success. The ideal candidate has experience crafting and executing integrated marketing and communications campaigns that inform, inspire, and engage critical constituencies. They are a creative thinker, outstanding communicator, thrive in entrepreneurial environments, and appreciate the importance of collaboration with other staff and partners in delivering a successful marketing and communications program.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan that supports the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Build trusted, collaborative relationships with staff, working closely with them to shape organizational messages and narratives, consistent with the organization’s overall strategy.
- In conjunction with a graphic designer, develop a new visual identity that positions SLI as the leader of neuro-wellness in Eastern Massachusetts, and generate a set of key messages to guide all communications. Ensure that the brand is consistently delivered across all channels with all audiences.
- Build new website, newsletter, and social media strategy that align with organization’s goals and brand.
- Develop content and metrics for all channels, including website, newsletter, social media; track analytics across channels and modify strategy, as necessary, on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and execute an earned media campaign to help raise visibility for SLI, its mission and programs, and support fundraising.
- Conduct interviews/surveys with SLI interns and integrate learnings into the internship offering and promotion; develop and execute targeted marketing strategies for colleges, universities, and students to help build a strong pipeline of interns for SLI’s Neuro-Fit Program.
- Generate a marketing strategy for SLI’s neuro-wellness programs targeted at referring medical professionals (physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists) to support SLI’s goal of expanding its neuro-wellness programs.
- Work closely with the Director of Development on communications to support SLI fundraising.
- Oversee the work of external consultants (graphic designer, website developer, etc.)
- Handle other marketing and communications projects as needed and requested.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years’ experience working in marketing and communications at a nonprofit, agency, or company.
- Working knowledge of marketing and communications channels (including email marketing platforms, social media, WordPress, etc.), tools and techniques. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Superior organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Experience developing videos and other creative collateral.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, adapt quickly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for the position is $70,000-$80,000.
SLI offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, 3-weeks of vacation time, and 1 week of sick time.
Flexible with hybrid option and company offices located in Lexington and Rockport.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com