Catholic Charities of Boston
MANAGING ATTORNEY- 9175
Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well-respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts.
We are currently seeking a full-time Managing Attorney for the Refugee and Immigrant Services Program located in South Boston.
The Attorney will manage the daily operations of a non-profit immigration legal services department. Supervise casework of attorneys and Department of Justice (DOJ) accredited representatives. Oversee the management of federally funded immigration court orientation programs. Train and mentor immigration legal services staff. Oversee all administrative aspects of program. Represent a small caseload of clients before EOIR and with USCIS. Develop and oversee community outreach and educational activities related to immigration law and policy. Develop and continuously review overall strategy/ goals for legal department.
- Authorized to practice law. Admitted in any state, preferably Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Six to eight years’ experience in the practice of immigration law; humanitarian and family-based immigration law experience required.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience of attorneys and/or DOJ accredited representatives, preferably in nonprofit legal setting. Strong leadership skills.
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, or Vietnamese, preferred.
- Sensitivity and trauma informed approach to serving clients is necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Cultural responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population is required.
- Strong legal writing and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills with keen attention to detail. Computer proficiency with MS Office, e-learning and webinars, and experience with database systems.
- Experience with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Zoom, WhatsApp, WebEx and Microsoft Teams.
- Pleasant telephone skills and thoughtful demeanor towards others.
- Must have U.S. driver’s license and reliable vehicle or access to reliable public transportation for work related travel.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9175. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.