Landlord Engagement Manager
New Lease for Homeless Families (New Lease for Homeless Families)
New Lease is a non-profit based in Boston, Massachusetts. We work with property owners across MA and RI to target affordable homes to families in shelters or state-assisted motels to reduce homelessness. New Lease works with a variety of stakeholders to approach housing placement and stabilization of families through the lens of systemic change, with the goals of swift housing placement and healthy tenancies. A heavy focus is applied to creating systems that work for all stakeholders: families, housing owners, social service providers, and regulatory agencies. New Lease is currently developing additional partnerships to broaden the populations we serve and expand our geographic scope.
New Lease is looking for a qualified individual to serve as a landlord engagement manager to identify available units to house identified populations in the City of Boston. This is critical to upholding our mission of reducing homelessness.
Deputy Director; Executive Director
· Conduct landlord recruitment and retention, and serve as a “single point of contact” for participating landlords to report tenancy concerns or question;
· Liaison between social service providers and landlords to facilitate communication around screening, mitigation, leasing, mediation and stabilization service;
· Manage unit inventory and matches between available units and interested clients;
· Train provider partners the use the unit inventory;
· Ensure provider partners are meeting agreed-upon referral procedures and timelines;
· Work with the City of Boston and a designated fiscal agent to manage the Landlord Incentive program;
· Plan and host landlord recruitment and client matching events in coordination with the City and the Continuum of Care’
· Manage a pool of flexible Extended Stabilization Fund for households no longer connected to case management;
· Collect data and track any data as required by the City to measure outcomes and performance including placement rates, tenancy retention and racial equity;
• Maintain database of housed program participants and track tenancy concerns;
• Field general inquiries and assist with referrals as needed;
• Support other programs and complete other related duties as assigned.
• At least five years of experience in housing search or supportive services administration or similar position(s) with at least one year of managerial or supervisory role;
• Experience in maintaining relationships with property owners and property management staff;
• Experience assisting clients with a variety of backgrounds and barriers, including those with legal/CORI histories, mental health conditions, etc.;
• Experience managing emergency financial assistance funding or similar financial resources;
• Experience and commitment to data collection and measuring outcomes to enable accurate program reporting;
• Knowledge of affordable housing programs including various tenant based subsidies;
• Knowledge and experience with various service agencies and resources, including but not limited to MA State service systems e.g. Department of Transitional Assistance and the Department of Social Services;
• Empathic towards the needs of those experiencing homelessness, diverse communities, and/or those with low income backgrounds;
• Ability to work independently and proactively, as well as to manage multiple priorities and projects;
• Excellent time management, organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills;
• Commitment to expanding affordable housing for homeless families and individuals;
• Bilingual in Spanish and/or another language is a plus.
Salary: The salary is commensurate with experience. New Lease provides a generous benefit package.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements and list of references to Gina Casey firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Lease is an equal opportunity employer.