Independent Living Coordinator
Southeast Center for Independent Living
Come join a great organization with high job satisfaction and awarding benefits!
$2000 Sign-on Bonus!
After 3-months receive $1,000 and then at 6-month successful completion of probationary period receive another $1,000
Position: Full-time, 40 Hours per week
Great Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance; 401k match, tuition reimbursement; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; longevity and additional bonuses as financially available, and flexible day scheduling.
We are a non-profit organization that provides Five Core Services that include skills training, advocacy, information and referral, transition and prevention, and peer counseling to individuals with various disabilities who wish to become more independent in their lives.
· Provide 5 core services that include skills training, advocacy, information and referral, transition and prevention, and peer counseling.
· Conduct Intake and Assessment and develop goals with individuals.
· Coordinated with area agencies when needed for the benefit of the consumer.
· Provide individual and systems advocacy on issues impacting the disabled community such as housing, transportation and health care.
· Provide outreach, education and public awareness of disability issues.
· Provide consumer-directed and interactive short-term decision-support to consumers, family members, caregivers and/or significant others in hospitals, nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and community settings who are planning for long term services and supports.
· Meet with the Director of Programs, Executive Director and/or the Director of Transition and Prevention at regular scheduled appointments for program progress.
· Bi-lingual speaking highly preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, sociology, psychology, or related field. This requirement and five years’ experience in human services is preferred.
COVID-19 vaccination is required.
For the full job description, go to the SCIL website at www.secil.org
Cover letter and resume required. Submission of resume without cover letter will not be viewed.
Send cover letter and resume to Lisa M. Pitta, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org