Independent Fundraising Consultant
About Us: IPM Advancement is a full-service agency focused on nonprofit fundraising, consulting, communications, and analytics. Visit us at https://www.ipmadvancement.com.
IPM Advancement seeks collaborative partnerships with well-established independent consultants with executive-level development/nonprofit leadership backgrounds seeking consulting opportunities for feasibility studies, capital campaigns, major gifts, and fractional fundraising.
The IPM Consulting Network is for professionals who understand the benefits of affiliating with a larger agency. Through the IPM Advancement Consulting Network, we are building an experienced, supportive team of consultants committed to strengthening nonprofit organizations nationwide.
We seek professionals familiar with the nonprofit sector and willing to help find and consult on new business opportunities that align with IPM’s offerings, strengths, core values, and revenue goals. Ideally, consultants will have a network of nonprofit organizations and thought leaders active in industry verticals such as LGBTQ, the arts, education, environment & conservation, healthcare, human services, museums, libraries, children’s services, animal welfare, and other not-for-profit/NGO specialties.
The benefits to you:
- Collaborate with like-minded consultants.
- Expand your client base by pitching to previously untapped prospects.
- White-Label IPM products through your agency.
- Partner with a large agency while maintaining your independence.
- Leverage collective experience to bolster the quality and competitiveness of proposals.
Participation in the Consulting Network is nonexclusive. Participants in the Consulting Network retain their independent status and are free to pursue work without IPM. You will be asked to represent IPM Advancement when working with IPM clients.
We seek well-established independent consultants with three to five years of consulting experience (this is not the ideal environment for a new consultant to thrive) and at least five to ten years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or management. Our preference is at least one of the following:
- Certified Fundraising Executive
- BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer
- MBA and/or BS/BA in nonprofit management, business administration, fundraising, or relevant field.
Ideal IPM Consulting Network Partners will meet the following core qualifications:
- Five years+ of consulting experience in one or more of the following: Board/Governance Training & Development, Capital Campaign Management, Feasibility Studies, Leadership & Major Gifts, Strategic Planning, and Planned Giving.
- Five years+ of nonprofit professional experience in one or more of the following: significant development responsibilities in Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Capital Campaigns, Planned Giving, or Executive Director/CEO leadership experience.
- Experienced and comfortable facilitating meetings of client boards of directors and executive-level volunteers.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site with clients as needed.
- Technologically savvy and able to work remotely with clients and the IPM team.
- Excellent ability to successfully pitch and close new business.
- The willingness to leverage your personal and professional network – when it makes sense – to generate new clients for you and IPM Advancement.
- The ability to effectively manage client relationships with minimal direction.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask effectively.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Agility and the ability to adapt successfully.
IPM Advancement invoices the client based on the value of our time and the estimated time needed to complete the project. In most cases, IPM pays the IPM Consulting Network Partner a percentage of the total revenue invoiced. Rates vary based on factors such as:
- A Consulting Partner brings a new or existing client to IPM.
- Contracts involving multiple IPM service lines.
- Negotiated client rate is different from IPM standard for similar projects.
- There is more than one IPM Consulting Network Partner on the same project.
To take the next step and apply, please visit: https://www.ipmadvancement.com/consulting-network