Greater Attleboro Area Community Connector
The Greater Attleboro Stronger Together Alliance
Title: Greater Attleboro Area Community Connector
Salary Range (based on experience): $50,000 – $60,000
Date: February 2022
The Greater Attleboro Stronger Together Alliance is a Collective Impact initiative under the fiscal sponsorship of the Attleboro Norton YMCA. It is made up of leaders from the nonprofit, education, and business communities in the greater Attleboro region and was formed in 2016 as a response to the growing need for more collaborative efforts to solve systemic challenges facing our shared community. The mission of the Alliance is to identify challenges facing our shared communities and, through collaboration and collective resource gathering, solve those problems in an inclusive and sustainable way.
The Community Connector position is the first full-time position created under the Alliance and aims to deepen the connection between area organizations by providing a dedicated individual to liaise between them; identify duplication when it exists, and forge partnerships and shared service delivery when appropriate. This position aims to build the capacity of all organizations in the Greater Attleboro area through the reduction of duplication of services, increased efficiencies, and significantly improved collaboration on fundraising, program delivery, and implementation of theories of change. The Community Connector position aims to build the capacity of the organizations in our region who are meeting the needs of, and lifting up, the most disenfranchised, disadvantaged, and underserved individuals in our community.
The Community Connector’s main objectives include:
- Support and encourage the collaboration of area social service agencies by staying current and knowledgeable of the service provision and project goals of each individual agency, and by reporting back synergies and potential partnerships to the agencies on a regular basis;
- Lead Foundation/Governmental Grant funding opportunities that would benefit multiple agencies
- Serve as a technical coach and advisor to agency leadership as needed
- Inter-face with Municipal leadership around advocacy and support.
Fiscal agency The YMCA of Attleboro; Dedicated supervisory team (3-4 Agency Leaders) advised by Greater Attleboro Stronger Together Alliance -Social Service working group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead monthly meetings with EDs and/or designees from area agencies to facilitate planning and coordination of services and resources
- Provide support and guidance to Agency leadership
- As appropriate, attend and schedule meetings with social service agencies, including but not limited to board meetings, annual meetings, leadership meetings, program updates, etc.in an effort to stay informed
- Remain knowledgeable and create/maintain database of the social services available in the region through close continually communication with key area stakeholders including social service leadership, governmental employees, and funder partners
- Research and pursue appropriate grants and foundation funding that aligns with area priorities and needs
- Advocates for support and resources to Norton and Attleboro Municipal Leadership
- Coordinate with Norton Human Services Director and Attleboro Community Health Nurse as needed
- Identify duplication of services and work to streamline services across agencies.
- Build relationships and be a resource to businesses to support employee needs.
- MSW /MPA preferred or relevant experience
- Proven track record of relationship building, strategic thinking and community engagement
- Experience with grant writing and outcome management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the social service sector
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write high quality reports, grants and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders,
Ability to anticipate, identify and address stakeholder expectations. Ability to drive change in partnership with multiple stakeholders. Accurately complete all required paperwork. Ability to solve problems. Ability to plan and implement long- and short-range projects with minimal supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment will be varied and require significant local travel in the Greater Attleboro/Norton service areas. There will be a designated office space with the ability to work remotely. Use of personal vehicle is required as significant travel is required.