Beyond Borders (HR Strategy Group)
Beyond Borders sees in Haiti the seeds for a new world where people overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, & act together. We are committed to supporting social movements and development efforts in Haiti, and we are looking for a Grants Coordinator to join our team and help us realize our goals.
If you’re a grants fundraising professional with fluent Haitian Creole language skills, a solid understanding of grants management, and a spirit and passion for sustainable social change, keep reading and apply today!
The Grants Coordinator Role:
The Grants Coordinator plays a crucial role in growing and maintaining Beyond Borders’ grants portfolio. The Grants Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a grant fundraising strategy that expands and diversifies Beyond Borders’ grant donor base of support. Our successful candidate will have a solid understanding of all aspects of grant procurement and management, and be able to identify and capitalize on new trends and technologies.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Grants Coordinator works closely with colleagues in Haiti and North America to meet annual fundraising goals and maintain accountability with grant donors. This position is part of Beyond Borders’ Senior Management Team (SMT).
A Day in the Life:
● Lead grant prospecting strategy to identify prospective grant makers for solicitation
● Supervise grant prospecting interns
● Oversee the development of donor profiles
● Present and prioritize opportunities in collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director
● Conduct outreach with prospective donors
Grant Proposal Development
● Lead on conceptualization of proposals to grant makers, ensuring input from relevant staff
● Produce high quality grant proposals, including supporting materials as required by donors (logical frameworks, budgets, etc.)
● Track and report on grant proposal status
● Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure development of budgets to accompany proposals
● Collaborate with relevant staff for management of current grants
● Coordinate with Deputy Executive Director and Executive Director on grant donor outreach and relationship building
● Develop and maintain tracking tools to ensure timely, effective fulfillment of grant reporting deadlines and other compliance requirements
● Process quarterly program reports from field staff and program managers
● Develop and submit high-quality, timely reports to grant donors, using donor templates and ensuring compliance with grant partner guidelines
● Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure creation of financial reports to accompany narrative reports
Grant Revenue Budgeting & Tracking
● Contribute to organizational revenue budgeting by providing grant revenue projections
● Support finance director to track grant revenue acquisition, commitments, and likelihoods
● Support finance staff to ensure effective tracking of grant revenue against expense budgets
● Support finance staff and management to identify grant fundraising priorities
Is This You?
● You’re passionate about social justice and a commitment to Beyond Borders’ mission and vision
● You have 5+ years of progressive experience in grant fundraising and writing
● You are fluent in English, with advanced fluency in written and verbal communication in English
● You have a professional working knowledge of Haitian Creole (written and verbal)
● You collaborate effectively and respectfully with culturally diverse staff, partners, and donors
● You’re able to lead and coordinate grant management working teams and supervise interns
● You’re able to travel to Haiti 2-3 times per year
It’d Be Great If You Have:
● Previous experience with large institutional donors, such as the European Commission, the United Nations, and U.S. Agency for International Development
● Prior work experience in Haiti or Haiti-related development organizations
● Previous experience working within a non-governmental organization (NGO)
This Position Offers:
● $50-60k annual salary, commensurate with experience
● An excellent benefits package
● 100% remote work, with travel to Haiti 2-3 times per year
● The opportunity to work with an amazing team to make a positive impact on Haiti
About Beyond Borders:
Beyond Borders sees in Haiti the seeds for a new world where people overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, & act together, and where families & communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect. With a mission to help people build social movements for liberation in Haiti, Beyond Borders works to equip Haitians to lead the movements to end child slavery, ensure quality primary education for all, prevent violence against women and girls, and promote sustainable livelihoods and economic justice. For more information, please visit to Beyond Borders’ website.
To apply, click “Apply Now” to submit your resume (Word .doc, please!), a cover letter explaining why this position interests you, and to complete a brief questionnaire.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates including people of color, women, and members of other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.