Stereotypes divide us. Stories connect us.
Everyday Boston is seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced leader to refine the organization’s strategic direction and solidify its operational infrastructure. We are at an inflection point, and are looking for a highly motivated Executive Director to help us scale our work across the city and beyond.
About Everyday Boston
In the midst of a “loneliness epidemic,” and at the height of so much mistrust, Everyday Boston is a nonprofit laser-focused on bridging divides. Our programming addresses two critical needs in society today: 1) Stronger listening and communication skills and 2) More opportunities to connect.
Since our launch six years ago, we’ve partnered with community-based organizations, educational institutions, major corporations, and health care providers to advance our mission to make Boston the most connected city in America.
Maybe you’ve seen us in your neighborhood running our Conversation Stations. Maybe you know an elder we interviewed during the pandemic for our “How We Got Through” series. Maybe you’ve participated in our workplace training, or our story collecting project on medical mistrust.
Through these and other initiatives, our work strengthens curiosity and connection across the city of Boston. Now, as the Founder transitions into a programming-focused role, we need an Executive Director to structure and scale this work.
Vision, Leadership and Operations
- Execute a strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Manage all day-to-day operations, including hiring and onboarding new staff, managing a high performing team, and promoting a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Establish policies and procedures to advance our work and support our programs, services, and employees.
- Develop and manage against a comprehensive budget to ensure financial sustainability and continued growth.
- Serve as a strategic partner to our Founder, Cara Solomon, as she pivots into the role of Creative Director.
Partnership Development and Fundraising
- Lead fundraising efforts by securing, managing and growing Everyday Boston’s income with the goal of generating $1M per year in the next 3+ years.
- Develop partnerships with local organizations and institutions that advance our work, raise our visibility, and support our broader impact.
- Cultivate relationships with key leaders and influencers in the region to help advance our mission.
- Secure corporate and other clients for our workplace training through a planned and targeted strategy.
- Represent Everyday Boston at community and corporate events in ways that strengthen our brand and communicate our message.
- Work with the Board to ensure fulfillment of mission and vision.
- Support the continued growth and development of our Board of Directors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a highly organized and self-motivated individual with a passion to address social divides. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a strong local network, and high emotional intelligence.
- Belief in Everyday Boston’s mission, and the ability to work with people of all backgrounds to advance it
- Strong ties to the city of Boston
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, including in leading teams
- Proven track record in earned income development and/or fundraising
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to inspire others to action in support of our mission
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and adaptability to changing needs
- Eagerness to learn as well as to teach
- Experience working with Board of Directors
- Resident of the Greater Boston area
- Bachelor’s Degree
If you don’t have every qualification on this list, but think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Please apply.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary $90,000 - $100,000, depending on experience
- This is a full-time, mostly remote position. While in-office expectations are minimal, this role will have opportunities to meet directly with potential clients, funders, staff and community members in Boston.
- Benefits include support for medical insurance, generous paid time off, and more.
Please submit the following by Friday, December 15, 2023:
1. A cover letter that describes how your experience and skills are a good fit for this position, and what about this opportunity most interests you.
2. A complete chronological resume.
3. Also, please tell us how you heard about this opportunity.
Please send your application as a PDF via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Executive Director Search Committee. We will acknowledge receipt of your application, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of everything Everyday Boston does. Our mission relies on it. We are deeply committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Everyday Boston prohibits the unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.