Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter (AP Talent Partners)
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter seeks a dynamic, self-directed individual to serve as Executive Director and fulfill the mission of our organization.
AAFA New England is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the control and cure of asthma and allergies. Since 1979, we have assisted thousands of individuals with asthma and allergies, including food allergies, to live safer, healthier lives. We offer educational programming and materials for our community, including patients, families, healthcare professionals, and schools. We provide support services, advocate for policies that would improve quality of life for those with asthma and allergies, support research initiatives, and publish a newsletter three times annually. We also work in communities and with the media to raise awareness about the seriousness of life-threating allergies and asthma.
- Actively pursue and execute fund development through fundraising initiatives, donor development, corporate partnerships and grant opportunities and report outcomes to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Report to and serve as the professional management advisor to the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors, as may be required.
- Oversee existing Foundation programs and develop new programs as needs are identified.
- Manage and implement existing Foundation education programs, such as 4-6 Speaker Series events annually and family programming a minimum of one time annually. Revise or develop new programs as needs are developed, directed towards diverse audiences, including patients, caregivers, and professionals, and that meet the goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Plan and execute the AAFA New England Asthma & Allergy Bulletin three times annually.
- Engage in written and oral legislative advocacy initiatives to further AAFA New England’s mission.
- Develop and post educational information on Chapter website, in coordination with the social media/graphic designer consultant.
- Develop and work with the social media consultant to post e-mail “blasts”, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter announcements, about upcoming programs, meetings and events and other programming initiatives to provide public awareness.
- Serve as one of the primary spokespersons for the Foundation.
- Develop a budget and respond to fiduciary matters required by local, State and Federal authorities, Auditors, and AAFA National. Monitor and actively manage Foundation expenses working in conjunction with the President and Treasurer. Oversee the bookkeeping and accounting activities with the organization’s contracted bookkeeper and CPA firm.
- Respond to inquiries from the media.
- Represent the organization at conferences and community events.
- Develop partnerships with like-minded organizations to achieve programmatic objectives.
- Consult and comply with AAFA National regarding requirements of an affiliated chapter.
- Perform the responsibilities of recruiting, hiring, training, and management of staff.
- At least 3 years of experience in non-profit leadership management, preferably in a health care-based organization
- Experience working with a non-profit board and organization.
- Demonstrated success with fundraising, donor development, and grant writing.
- Operations management experience, including staff management, regulatory compliance, and financial statements.
- Project management experience, with ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and motivate others to exceed expectations and deliver projects within defined deadlines.
- Motivated, self-directed individual who enjoys public outreach.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Full-time. Some evening and weekends hours required.
Position available immediately.
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
Benefits: Simple IRA company match up to 3%, 5 week’s vacation, Holidays
The Executive Director will work out of our Braintree, MA office. Work can be conducted virtually during the pandemic and once resolved, there is the possibility of mutually-agreed upon virtual office hours weekly for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit asthmaandallergies.org to learn more about our non-profit, 501 (c) 3 organization