Director of Internal Communications
Advocates, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a highly collaborative, passionate, and confident communications professional to join the marketing and communications team.
In this new role, the Director of Internal Communications will focus on developing effective and engaging internal communications while supporting Advocates’ mission, values, and strategic growth. This role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and work in collaboration with departments across the organization
- Develop and manage strategic internal communications plan.
- Ensure all internal agency communications articulate proper content and image of organization across all mediums and maintain consistent messaging, tone of voice, and visual identity.
- Work closely with senior leadership team and other key departments (including Human Resources and Administrative/Operations) on communication of organizational announcements, key issues, and upcoming events.
- Create initiatives that inspire a highly engaged workforce throughout the organization.
- Write and develop messaging on behalf of president and CEO and other senior leaders as needed.
- Oversee, manage, and develop messaging for key communications vehicles including employee Intranet (The Connector) and weekly employee newsletter.
- Supports and facilitates employee events, meetings, listening circles and forums, as needed.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of internal communication initiatives.
- Oversee and manage family communications plans.
- Actively attend all supervision and staff meetings.
- Adhere to all principles related to the Advocates Way.
- Ensure that clients are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates’ Human Rights policies.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other related field and Six (6) or more years of communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit, social services, or healthcare setting.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly transform complex issues into accessible, reader-friendly communications.
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to take initiative to build strong, productive, and trusting relationships with all levels of an organization, from senior executives to front line workers, and recognizes those relationships at important junctures.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills and success in culture-building.
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Exercises a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license and have access to an automobile to travel between sites.