Development and Donor Relations Coordinator
Girls Inc. of Worcester
Girls Inc. of Worcester recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.
Summary of Position
The Development and Donor Relations Coordinator plays an important role in ensuring the organization meets the annual financial goals as established by the CEO and Board of Directors. The Development and Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for the following functions: manages the gift transactions and reports from the fund development database; supports overall donor stewardship goals; assists in fundraising events; assists in direct mail appeals; and generally supports the Development Team.
- Manage the fund development database (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge): monitor and update database to ensure that donor records are accurate and up to date; process/manage gift transactions; acknowledge donors and contributions; and prepare reports and queries from database as requested.
- Respond to external inquiries and donor correspondence by phone, email, and mail in a timely manner.
- Coordinate stewardship of donors, including the preparation of acknowledgement letters for all gifts as well as assisting with donor segmentation.
- Assist with fundraising events; providing support including the coordination of mailings, creation of materials, and seeking recognition for events.
- Updating and maintaining donor records, and tracking revenue and related reports in Raiser’s Edge.
- Liaising with the finance department to ensure accuracy in data and donation collection.
- Overseeing donations, pledges, and company matches; composing acknowledgements and thank-you correspondences.
- Assist in developing annual and individual appeals.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with donors through friendly and efficient customer service.
- Implement a process to efficiently receive donations via a variety of methods and options.
- Support Girls Inc.’s mission of empowering young girls and women to be “strong, smart and bold”; and actively engage in development and program information provided by Girls Inc. National, including participation in conferences and workshops.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned/necessary to support the effective functioning of the Development Team.
- Raiser’s Edge (BlackBaud) experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related fundraising experience, including donor stewardship.
- Proficient and knowledgeable with technology including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to facilitate cooperative work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external-facing relationships.
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to see organization’s needs from all perspectives.
- Ability to analyze, formulate, integrate, plan, organize, delegate, coordinate, manage, communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively.
- Ability and commitment to solve problems and make improvements,
- Valid driver’s license while conducting agency business.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, Annual Meetings, Awards Ceremonies, etc.
Applicants are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Jennifer Madson, Director of Development.