Cookie Cupboard Staff
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to lead, break barriers, and create positive change. Girl Scouts’ powerful all-girl space fosters collaboration over competition, and inspires girls to go beyond dreaming to actual doing.
The annual Girl Scout cookie program is the largest girl-led business in the world. It is also the way that Girl Scouts fund their activities and contributions to their communities. Like the Girl Scout program itself, these Cookie Cupboard roles are both an opportunity to earn money and to be part of this fun, exciting, and memorable annual event in the lives of Girl Scouts in your community.
Cookie Cupboard Staff will support GSEMA’s Cookie Cupboards during the annual Girl Scout Cookie Program. The role of the Cookie Cupboard Staff is customer-facing and involves processing and filling cookie orders (counted in cases of cookies, each case containing 12 packages) for troop volunteers and staff running council-organized Girl Scout programs.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) has TWO openings for the temporary, part-time position of Cookie Cupboard Staff, located at the Middleboro Cookie Cupboard. This position will report to the Senior Product Program Manager.
This is a temporary, part-time position effective November 27, 2023 – to mid-March 2024 (exact date to be determined)
The cupboard is open Tuesday – Saturday. Hours: Tuesday 9:30 am -2:00 pm, Wednesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Thursday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – Noon.
Environment and Physical Requirements
Cupboard staff are often exposed to cold weather for extended periods of time and must dress appropriately for various winter weather conditions. Will have prolonged periods of standing and moving/lifting cases of cookies.
Cupboard staff must be able to use a step stool, lift up to 20 pounds and be able to move and pack cases of cookies to assist volunteers, families, and staff with loading and unloading cars, vans, and storage areas, indoors and out.
- Distribution: Assist volunteers and staff in picking up their cookie orders by pulling providing excellent customer service and ensuring a smooth pickup process.
- Quality Control: Ensure cookie stocks are in excellent condition, organized, properly sorted and ready for distribution.
- Inventory Management: Work with Cookie Cupboard team and the delivery agent to stock the cupboard with incoming cookie deliveries.
- Team Collaboration: Work with the Product Program team and staff to make the Cookie Cupboard a fun and pleasant environment for volunteers and family members picking up cookies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to multi-task effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and customer service experience, with a friendly, helpful and approachable demeanor.
- Ability to quickly learn software programs and use them accurately and efficiently with experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) are required.
- Qualified candidates will be dependable problem solvers, be able to meet deadlines.
Girl Scout experience is a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: Girl Scouting is open to all youth members and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council. Diversity and inclusion is more than an initiative; it is a set of shared values that defines the fabric of our mission. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Racial Justice!
Go For It
Research shows that women and members of historically marginalized groups do not apply to jobs where they feel they don’t hit 100% of the requirements. If this is how you feel after reading through this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!