Community Engagement Operations Specialist
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Join a fantastic, mission-driven organization! For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to lead, break barriers, and create positive change. Girl Scouts’ powerful all-girl space fosters collaboration over competition, and inspires girls to go beyond dreaming to actual doing.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) has an opening for a full-time Community Engagement Operations Specialist. Reporting to the Associate Director of Community Engagement, this is a hybrid position with work from home, in communities, at designated GSEMA offices or properties as needed, with an office base in Waltham, MA.
The Community Engagement Operations Specialist will coordinate the implementation and evaluation Girl Scout program delivery beyond the traditional troop program model to support overall membership growth. The Community Engagement Operations Specialist will collaborate to implement a plan to engage and support Girl Scouts, families, and community partners, focused on accomplishing organizational membership goals and objectives. This position requires working flexible hours and traveling throughout the 26 targeted under-resourced communities in greater Boston, including Suffolk County and parts of Essex and Middlesex Counties.
As the Community Engagement Operations Specialist, you will:
- Implement high-quality in-person Girl Scout programs and opportunities to engage youth members in under-resourced communities utilizing Girl Scouts of the USA’s (GSUSA) national badge, Journey, and Highest Awards curriculum.
- Ensure timely processing of membership registration, community partner agreements, and evaluation data and reporting.
- In partnership with GSEMA department teams, promote and support Girl Scouts, families, and community partners’ registration and engagement in GSEMA council programs, signature events, cookie program and camp opportunities to ensure access.
- Develop and implement family support and communications to increase family engagement and retention within Community Engagement regions.
- Manage individual program spending and ordering, inventory management, and distribution of program supplies, uniforms, badges, and girl recognitions; coordinate with the Program Operations team as needed.
- Provide oversite for 2-3 large events developed and facilitated by the Community Engagement team.
- Assist with addressing barriers to participation, such as transportation and financial resources for Girl Scouts, families, and volunteers in under-resourced communities, and advocating for additional equity resources that may be needed.
- Assist in collecting quantitative and qualitative data for reporting on girl participation, programs, evaluations, and overall Community Engagement initiatives and grants.
Skills and Qualifications:
- One to three years of youth development or program administration experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, problem-solving, time management, public speaking, and program capabilities.
- Ability to establish and cultivate effective interpersonal connections with both adults and children.
- Analytical capabilities utilizing qualitative and quantitative data possess a metrics-focused mindset with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and details utilizing computer technology.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and collaborate with all functional areas to achieve Council goals.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software; adept at utilizing social networking; experience using Salesforce or demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient with new technology.
- Preferred experience in coaching and training.
- Bilingual skills are desirable.
Amazing benefits of this role:
- Hybrid working arrangement with work from home and in-office (Waltham, MA); 37.5 hour work week
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, retirement savings, paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and more
Work Environment/Travel: This is a hybrid position with work from home, in communities, and at designated GSEMA offices or properties as needed. Travel 50% within designated Community Engagement regions and 10% within GSEMA's service area.. This position requires some travel, possessing a valid driver’s license, and access to a motor vehicle is required.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or working on a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
A full job description can be found on the application page.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal-opportunity employer.
Girl Scouting is open to all youth members and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council. Diversity and inclusion are more than an initiative; it is a set of shared values that define the fabric of our mission. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal-opportunity employer.
Read more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Racial Justice!
Go For It
Research shows that women and members of historically marginalized groups do not apply to jobs where they feel they don’t hit 100% of the requirements. If this is how you feel after reading through this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!