Communications & Outreach Manager
Positive Tracks (Positively Partners)
Positive Tracks equips ages 12 - 25 with the skills, knowledge, and resources needed to change the world through the power of physical activity. We call it Sweating For Good. To date, we've helped 89,309 Positive Trackers turn 430,754 miles of athletic activity into advocacy, activism and $11.6 Million for causes shaping our future. Our nationwide programs merge physical activity with social change because we believe that something as simple as a fitness circuit can ignite critical conversations, mobilize communities, and foster the basic framework of youth activism.
Positive Tracks is a human-centered organization with values that reflect and honor the many voices we serve. Youth voice is sacred and shapes all that we do. Period. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity, and to promote a culture of joy, collaboration, and creativity across the organization.
About the Role
As Communications & Outreach Manager at Positive Tracks, you will support the Director of Communications by driving customer engagement through the research, creation, and execution of our ongoing marketing and outreach strategies across key social channels, print assets, the website, and events. This position will support the build and management of the new Positive Tracks Brand Ambassador program.
The Communications & Youth Outreach Manager will serve as the bridge between Communications and Program teams, collaborating across departments to ensure compelling stories are promoted and youth voice remains paramount in our outreach and marketing efforts.
Support And Manage Positive Tracks Communications
- Build brand awareness and support continuity of brand across all communications
- Create, implement and execute online marketing campaigns across Positive Tracks social channels in partnership with the Director of Communications
- Bring a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion to every facet of your role and grow your understanding through bi-monthly 1:1 conversations with a personal DEI coach
- Collaborate with the team in creating copy, visual assets & video
- Manage Positive Tracks YouTube, Linked-In, & Twitter accounts (increase content and overall presence)
- Gather quarterly and year-end social media analytics for assessment by Director of Communications
- Manage creation and content of striated newsletters
- Be present at relevant Positive Tracks events as Communications representative
Lead Cross-Departmental Youth Outreach
- Work with Program and Communications to identify opportunities for elevating youth voice across key channels and support young people in these efforts
- Monitor upcoming and past program events for purposes of content creation:
- Manage Positive Tracks internal and external calendar as it pertains to upcoming youth events
- Manage monthly website posts
- Manage and categorize youth quotes and stories shared through post surveys
- Attend youth events that require a communications representative
- In partnership with the Directors of Communications and Program; build, pilot, execute, and manage Positive Tracks Brand Ambassador Program.
- Strategize on ways to expand our presence in high schools and colleges across the country with the creation of an outreach plan supporting and measuring our strategic goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ensure and grow Positive Tracks brand awareness and customer engagement throughout
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- 3+ years progressive experience in communications, social media, digital marketing, or related field
- Professional or personal experience in a diversity, equity and inclusion learning journey and commitment to continuous learning as it pertains to DEI
- Track record of success working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, with multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities
- Excels in a team-centered work environment based in communication, kindness and collaboration
- Excellent copywriting skills with outstanding attention to detail when proofreading
- Experience with MailChimp or comparable email marketing platform
- Experience in online storytelling and social media campaign creation
- Experience in gathering and disseminating social media analytics
- Experience in gathering and disseminating data for strategic analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience and interest in working with and supporting young people ages 12 - 25 (i.e. - mentor, student/team leadership role, coach, counselor, etc…)
- Experience in mobilizing communities and campaign organization
- Willingness to work and travel occasional weeknights and weekends for events
- Experience with event planning (preferred but not required)
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements
We are currently all working virtually, but once we are able to host events, staff may be asked to occasionally stand for extended periods of time, occasionally lift 20 lbs, and assist in physical work needed for various events.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - 75,000 with a comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Paid Time Off that starts at 4 weeks/year, plus holidays and time off to vote
- Flexible work arrangements designed to create an environment that fosters work, family, and personal goals
- Health insurance (Positive Tracks pays 100% of health and vision premiums), 5% retirement match, and monthly wellness benefits of up to $1,200/yr.
Making the Decision to Apply
To apply to this position, please submit an updated resume and cover letter. For confidential inquiries or for assistance in completing the application, please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full-time and remote with the expectation of occasional trips to our office in Hanover, New Hampshire once we can safely return to the workplace following COVID-19. Under our COVID protocols, our office is currently not open to the public and all staff are expected to be fully vaccinated. New England applicants preferred.
Timeline and Hiring Process
We will review and respond to all applications received. While subject to change, candidates elected to advance throughout the process can expect an initial interview with our hiring partner, Positively Partners. Candidates elected to advance will be invited to speak via Zoom with Positive Tracks’ Director of Communications and Director of Program. For finalists, there will be a virtual interview day with other staff and leadership team, followed by a holistic reference check process. Expected start date is November 2021.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Positive Tracks is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates of color, women, LGBTQ, low-income, and non-college degree holders to apply. Positive Tracks prohibits the unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.