REACH Beyond Domestic Violence
Everyone at REACH has a positive, entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to social justice. We are committed to building and supporting a diverse team of caring and dedicated people. We are excited to welcome a Communications Manager who thrives in a fast-paced setting, is an impact driven storyteller, and genuinely enjoys working concurrently on multiple projects. Candidates will have a vibrant voice along with excellent project management skills, experience with fundraising communications, understanding of social media strategy, and creative energy. We are seeking a strong writer who is able to pivot between PR, social media, web copy, event scripts, and other needs. The workweek will include attending team meetings and shadowing colleagues to experience the work done by all staff and volunteers. This will include attending events in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
The Communications Manager will:
- Plan, create, manage, and execute all print and online communications initiatives across all departments and programs that support the philanthropic, marketing, and branding goals of REACH Beyond Domestic Violence.
- Oversee the implementation of REACH’s social media content creation and strategy.
- Manage and maintain the REACH website (www.reachma.org). Familiarity with WordPress and Beaver Builder desired.
- Regularly monitor analytics and assess effectiveness of digital marketing efforts.
- Evaluate and respond to media requests and write/edit press releases and alerts as needed. Seek out opportunities for REACH leaders to offer expert commentary on issues related to domestic violence, healthy relationships, or related social justice issues.
- Promote attendance at and visibility of REACH events by leveraging all channels to drive prior registration and raise the profile of events by providing ‘live coverage’ – i.e., photographing and obtaining quotes from attendees, live Tweeting, using Facebook Live, etc.
- Responsible for internal communications and ensuring that all staff members are aware of the work being done across the organization
- Ensure that the brand identity is maintained throughout all communications/materials
- Collaborate with designers, printers, photographers, and other vendors/consultants
- Supervisory role with interns and volunteers
- Assist with other communications needs as necessary
Salary range is $60,000-$70,000. Comprehensive benefits package includes health and dental coverage, retirement plan, and generous paid time off. REACH provides 25 hours of domestic violence subject area training to all staff and volunteers, as well as ongoing weekly individual and group supervision, peer-to-peer mentoring, and opportunities for all staff to participate in in-house and outside education and trainings throughout the year.
This is a full-time position, typically with Monday-Friday daytime hours although some evening and weekend hours will be required as needed for various events. Some flexibility of work hours will be required in order to respond to crisis communication situations.
Due to COVID, REACH is currently working from a hybrid work model with some work onsite at our office in Waltham and some work from home. More time at our office in Waltham may be required during the initial onboarding process.
- 3+ years’ experience in a communications or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media
- Exceptional and creative copy writing skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills; great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Work from a philosophy that sees people, not problems
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence and the impact of trauma; commitment to a social justice framework
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license to drive around the MetroWest/Boston area to observe the work of REACH colleagues
- Strong written communication skills which will be demonstrated by a writing sample (blog, white paper, appeal letter, etc.) as part of the application process.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Jean Doliber at email@example.com.