Client Content Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW’s values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston seeks an energetic, creative, detail-oriented Client Content Manager who will provide content creation, design, and material development for our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Services and F.Y.R.E. Initiative. This role will contribute to developing strategy, identifying needs, and sourcing content ideas.
The Client Content Manager works closely with program, business development, and marketing & communications teams to provide prospective and current clients with high quality content and ensure content supports YW Boston’s broader visibility as a leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in Boston.
The Manager will report to Vice President of Strategic Partnerships.
The successful Client Content Manager will:
- Support business development efforts by developing, designing, and maintaining content, such as client testimonials, templates, white papers.
- Deepen engagement of existing clients through impactful content via e-newsletters and online platforms
- Enhance YW Boston’s profile through supporting the development of thought leadership content
- Develop content that meets the needs and interests of prospective and current clients of our DEI and F.Y.R.E. programs
- Create template program materials that align with branding and YW Boston’s overall communications guide
- Design and publish an e-newsletter for our InclusionBoston participants
- Act as administrator and contribute to content creation on our learning management system
- Design client testimonials and other materials to support business development efforts
- Lead the development and design of a white paper highlighting key learnings from our work
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications staff to develop and maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar that adheres to YW Boston’s brand guidelines, incorporating feedback from marketing and communications about voice, tone, look and feel.
- 3+ years of related experience with content, writing, graphic design
- Strong ability to collaborate with colleagues across teams
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, take initiative, be self-directed and take feedback well
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, fantastic customer service ethic and follow through
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, gender and social justice and excitement for YW Boston’s work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, and Teams
- An eye to detail with strong presentation, design and editing skills
- Intermediate knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
- Familiarity with marketing, email, and customer relationship management software such as Pardot, HubSpot, or equivalent software is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented team environment with economic, racial, ethnic and gender diversity.
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with VP of Strategic Partnerships, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston’s Fund Development team through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the direct supervisor and leadership team members
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $63,400-$68,750. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title "Client Content Manager" in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.