Chief of DEIB
Metro Housing | Boston
Chief of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
***Please submit a cover letter along with your resume***
This is a full-time, exempt position.
As an organization providing services along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability to economic security for our participants, Metro Housing strives to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion and belonging in all the programs and services we offer, in the workplace environment, and in the governance of the organization. We believe diversity in social identities and perspectives improves our ability to deliver both housing services and housing advocacy. We are committed to equity believing that everyone deserves housing security. We strive to build a culture where difference is not only valued but embraced, and inclusion and belonging are the baseline for all of internal and external activities and efforts.
To infuse a DEIB lens into all the work of Metro Housing using the newly developed strategic plan, the work of the DEIB staff cohort, the employee led group focused on anti-racism, the office of Fair Housing and the work of the DEIB board committee. To create a responsible and responsive blueprint that addresses equity for both employees of Metro Housing and families who seek the services. To guide Metro Housing using a DEIB scaffold for developing priorities and timeframes in its commitment to organizational change where needed to achieve identified DEIB goals.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer with day-to-day logistics reporting to Chief Human Resources Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with all programmatic and administrative teams to ensure that organizational culture and practice are anchored in our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) vision;
- Spearheads implementation of DEIB goals in our strategic plan and associated initiatives; lead working groups; and engage external consultants when appropriate;
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the organization’s DEIB diversity goals for applicants, program participants, owners, and staff members;
- Drafts and implements recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds and works with the CHRO to track the results and effectiveness of such strategies;
- Maintains current knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices and actively engages in ongoing learning in the field;
- Leads the staff driven and staff lead DEIB initiatives in its work to promote DEIB at Metro Housing including defining strategy, monitoring and reporting on progress, and bringing voice to key issues;
- Leads DEIB training efforts for staff members and board members;
- Design framework, determine content, and identify training resources;
- Prepare and present trainings, engaging external resources as needed;
- Introduce new culturally responsive service delivery models;
- Review and revise personnel policies, procedures, and practices to promote greater transparency, accessibility, equity, and inclusion;
- Ensure recruitment, selection, and advancement practices are equitable and inclusive;
- Ensure we are able to identify, discuss, and address DEIB issues impacting our applicants, program participants, owners, and staff members;
- Coordinate meetings, materials, and stakeholders related to the implementation of a DEIB Blueprint;
- Organize meetings/events to communicate DEIB organizational efforts;
- Coordinate with senior leadership in establishing multiple metrics for measuring success;
- Meet on a regular basis with department heads, program leadership, senior leadership team as well as employee groups in an effort to determine both obstacles and opportunities for meeting DEIB goals and suggest ways to incorporate DIEB;
- Provide support for increased diversity among the senior leadership team;
- Assist in coordination of meetings and activities for staff affinity groups; act as primary point of contact for the groups as well as oversee all affinity group budgets;
- Assist with the marketing materials to promote employee diversity;
- Develop a learning environment within the organization which supports the opportunity for curiosity, contributions from others and growth through dialogue and shared knowledge;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required or some college preferred;
- 2+ years of professional DEIB work;
- Extensive understanding of DEIB issues in the workplace and in service delivery;
- Ability to engage with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust, collaboration, and partnership between departments and levels of leadership;
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven dispute resolution skills;
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, Haitian- Creole, and Spanish.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER