CFO / Senior Tax Attorney
Tired of measuring your workdays in six-minute increments? Considering a change to a legacy career in philanthropy? If the appeal of a traditional law firm lifestyle is waning, consider this rare opportunity with Cummings Foundation.
Our $3 billion private operating foundation is seeking a senior tax attorney to serve as CFO / Deputy Director, and play a key role as our philanthropy grows in support of mostly local nonprofits. This position involves no travel and no fundraising.
· Review, draft, and negotiate agreements
· Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws
· Advise on matters of corporate structure and reorganizations
· Engage in gift planning for transfers from the funders to the foundation
· Occasionally represent Cummings Foundation at nonprofit meetings or events
· Work with the Accounting Department and third-party accountant tax preparers
· Keep apprised of changes in relevant tax laws
· Help develop and implement policies and procedures for a private grant-making foundation and a private operating foundation
· Business planning experience
· Proficiency in public speaking
· JD degree and Master’s in Taxation
· Minimum of five years’ related experience
· Experience in estate planning for high net worth individuals
· Knowledge of tax law and compliance for private foundations
· Residency in the greater Woburn or Metronorth area and the ability to work on site at our Woburn headquarters on a full-time basis. This is NOT a remote-work position.
***Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position.***
To Apply: Please send a resume, a letter of interest, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cummings: Established in 1986, Cummings Foundation is one of the largest private operating foundations in New England and has awarded grants totaling more than $300 million to greater Boston nonprofits. It has been the beneficiary of substantial contributions from the Bill and Joyce Cummings family, often through commercial real estate firm Cummings Properties. Cummings Foundation directly operates its own charitable subsidiaries, including Cummings Health Sciences, LLC and two New Horizons retirement communities. Cummings Foundation’s grant-making affiliates primarily support nonprofits serving Middlesex, Essex, and Suffolk counties in Massachusetts.
The Cummings organization is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a belief in collaboration, and a dedication to giving back to the community. It has operated and thrived with a culture that emphasizes open communication and innovative thinking and thrives through its unusually high number of long-tenured team-members at all levels. More information is available at CummingsFoundation.org.
In addition to unlimited career advancement and growth potential, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Cummings Properties Employee Ownership Trust
- Competitive salary and opportunities for meaningful bonuses
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal time
- Retirement savings plan with annual Company match
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Cummings Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In the interest of the safety and health of our employees and clients, we maintain a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in regard to prohibited drug use and alcohol or marijuana abuse. Any employee who is under the influence of or uses alcohol or prohibited drugs, or marijuana of any kind, during any workday, shall be subject to immediate discharge. More information about the Cummings organization is available at www.Cummings.com and www.CummingsFoundation.org.