BILINGUAL REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST
Massachusetts’ free, home-delivered meals program for the critically and chronically ill has an opening for a Part-Time Bilingual Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Community Servings is a non-profit food and nutrition program focused on the nutritional needs of underserved populations across the state. Over the past 30 years, we have delivered over 8.5 million free, scratch-made meals to the critically ill in the context of medical nutrition therapy.
Community Servings knows that diversity drives excellence. We are a place where everyone is welcome. We celebrate, promote, and derive strength from a diversity of lived experiences. We actively seek and encourage an inclusive workforce.
The Part-Time Bilingual Registered Dietitian Nutritionist assists in the nutritional assessment and counseling of meal delivery clients, leads community cooking and nutrition workshops, and ensures that home-delivered meals adhere to therapeutic goals and dietary standards. This is a part-time position.
- Reviews client medical records and nutritional status to assess client eligibility for home meal delivery program
- Conducts telephonic nutritional assessments and develops care plans for meal delivery clients
- Collaborates with referral partners and medical professionals to adjust client care plans
- Assists with the tracking and maintenance of client paperwork for annual funder and agency audits
- Provides nutritional counseling and responds to client concerns over the phone and in person upon request
- Leads cooking and nutrition workshops both on-site and off-site, and virtually as needed
- Collaborates with the Executive Chef and kitchen staff to ensure client meals are meeting set nutrition standards
- Assists with evaluating standardized recipes, auditing client meals, and conducting quality assurance measures
- Assists Manager of Nutrition Services in supervising and developing projects for dietetic interns
- Assists with translation of client and education materials as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field and at least 6 months of clinical nutrition experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
· Bilingual speaking ability (Spanish). Skill in the effective use of English language to read and express ideas/facts orally.
- Familiarity with the latest nutritional standards, practices, and procedures
- Experience conducting group nutrition and healthy cooking education for culturally diverse audiences
- Ability to translate complex scientific and nutritional information into simpler messaging for diverse audiences
- Flexible schedule for occasional evening and weekend engagements
· Proficient in computers with knowledge of MS Office and Food Processor software
· ServSafe certification is a plus
· Able to successfully pass a criminal background check upon hire. Community Servings is a CORI friendly employer.