Empowering youth to choose kindness.
ThinkGive is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower youth to take actions that positively impact themselves and others; building character, confidence, and connection. We partner with schools and youth-serving organizations, providing research-based social and emotional learning (SEL) programs to promote empowerment and emotional well-being in elementary and middle school youth (K-8). Our vision is that every student can access the SEL needed to develop their whole selves and promote emotional well-being. To that end, our Every Child Scholarship initiative supports our student-driven program at sites serving under-resourced youth. Since our founding in 2013, we have engaged over 12,000 youth in 800+ classrooms and out-of-school time (OST) environments.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for social media, content editing and formatting, and data entry. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant works closely with Program, Development, and Marketing staff. Ideally, the candidate will thrive in a startup environment, working both independently and collaboratively with a small team.
- Data entry: Includes program lead entry (CRM database) and donation record-keeping across multiple platforms (spreadsheets, CRM, QuickBooks).
- Content editing and formatting (design and layout): Includes lesson plans, outreach emails for donors and educators, social media, marketing collateral, and development materials (e.g., presentations, events, posters, information sheets, Impact Report).
- Social media: Develop strategies and tactics to expand social media reach and engagement; manage ThinkGive's social media (write copy, design images, and develop video reels); engage with ThinkGive partners on social media, and follow/engage with new account; and create a repository of evergreen posts.
- Annual appeal letter preparation and mailing.
- A passion for ThinkGive's mission and an interest in social and emotional learning.
- A collaborative colleague dedicated to working as a member of a team with a “can do” spirit and a sense of humor.
- Highly organized, professional, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Creative, able to do minor design work (for social media posts and email layouts).
- Superior writing skills (long form, email, and social media).
- Proficiency in using and leveraging technology to enhance daily work: Google, Canva, PowerPoint, CRM system, and/or willingness to learn.
- Interest in social media, and experience with platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Experience using platforms like Buffer or Hootsuite is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + BENEFITS
ThinkGive is a small non-profit with a strong and proven social and emotional learning program. This position will be one of six part-time staff. Candidates must be comfortable working remotely. ThinkGive offers vacation benefits for part-time employees and a flexible working environment.
Position is for a part-time employee. Compensation is commensurate with experience. ThinkGive is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Administrative Assistant – Your Name” as the subject line.