Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science (CUAHSI)
The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a hybrid position with the flexibility to work remotely and an expectation to work from our Arlington, MA office a minimum of 1 day per week.
The Administrative Assistant assists in executing the organization’s strategy to engage CUAHSI’s constituency, including the CUAHSI member organizations, the broader science community, and the general public. Reporting to CUAHSI’s Deputy Director, this administrative professional provides support for in-person and virtual programs by coordinating logistics and travel, processing expense transactions, maintaining programmatic records, assisting in preparing and editing reports, proposals, and other communications, and supporting other tasks associated with organizing and operating programs.
Essential Job Functions
● Coordinate logistics for CUAHSI’s programs, including CUAHSI Virtual University, Summer Institute, cyber seminars, and workshops
● Assist with proposal submissions and research administration of funded research projects
● Review and edit content for the CUAHSI website, monthly newsletter, membership report, and other outlets
● Assist in processing reimbursements and expenses
● Support the development of programs in alignment with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Plan
● Contribute to the development of operational procedures and a participant database
● Maintain program records
● Other duties as assigned
● Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
● Ability to multi-task, use sound judgment, and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Effective written and oral communication skills.
● Ability to support and to effectively interact with remote and local staff.
● Experience developing internal processes and record-keeping systems preferred.
Education and Experience
● Associates degree required; A B.A. or B.S. degree preferred.
● Five years prior experience in an administrative role, preferably in an academic or research environment.
CUAHSI facilitates the interdisciplinary advancement of water science by making it easier for the water science community to do their work. We do this by providing education and outreach programs, like workshops and grants, and specialized software and services to share and access data, collaborate online, and compute in the cloud. CUAHSI’s community consists of students, educators, volunteer scientists, outreach coordinators, environmental and watershed organizations, and corporate entities. All involved in water science, water-resources management, or water-resources protection and enhancement are part of the CUAHSI community. Our mission is to:
· Strengthen interdisciplinary collaboration in the water science community.
· Empower the community by providing critical infrastructure.
· Promote education in the water sciences at all levels
CUAHSI offers full-time team members a 37.5 hour work week, the option of medical, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) plan, flexible spending account, life insurance, and disability benefits as well as a competitive time-off benefits including vacation, sick, personal time and nine company holidays.
CUASHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and work together to create an inclusive culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive and belong. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.